• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hiii

Oh my H ' oppers.. How I adore u. Here's my story. It's brief. Gal falls for guy. He wasn't truthful and the rest you know. Truth - I could have been more responsible in the moment. Truth - I could have waited more before I knew him well enough to decipher what he never revealed. But, here's the thing. My card was drawn. Truth -- I wouldn't have it any other way. I used to have a martyr mind set. I promised seven years ago this May 1st that I would never pass herpes onto another. I was foolish in my martyrdom. I have never passed it. For awhile I limited myself to those who had it when I realized by this forum that I was limiting potentials, a universe unknown. I was running from my own self, my own insecurities that went way beyond herpes. Herpes was my crutch toward finding a true other that would support me on the way that I exuded upon to everyone as a friend, a mother, a person, as an independent woman. Herpes is hard because it leaves you vulnerable to having a conversation that leaves you to the judgment of someone you believe you should care about whole heartedly. But, herpes is not to blame. It's ourselves we should blame for that conversation. The conversation should act as a ripped off unapologetic band-aid ripping. Unfortunately, our psyches tell us different. It tells us because of taboo that once again we are not worthy. But, if we believe, we most definitely are. It tells us you suck they are more worthy because they haven't got herpes. And, that's ridiculous. We have a skin condition brought about by sexual contact. That's all. What we have is controllable and not an excuse to limit ourselves to sub par. It takes awhile to get here. But, I am. And, I'm so grateful to know I an so much beyond this mind set of , "I'm not worthy." In general, with every good friend feed I accomplish, with every good mother task I complete.. With very good worker.. Yogi... Community member .. I remember who I am. Im compassionate, caring, and complete. And, herpes will never define that otherwise. And, that is my story.

Namaste!

It's a wonderful feeling you've discovered. I found it myself not long ago. This virus is funny. One minute it crushes your heart, and if you let it, the next it fills it back up with wisdom and love beyond anything you could have imagined before. It puts up barriers for people who don't share the knowledge and epiphanies that a mature heart contains.

Now, I know the newly diagnosed, and even quite a few long timers don't understand what you wrote, or I wrote, and what Adrial, Dancer, and so many others of us write. But, trust me. We're right, and this virus will change your life for the better. It's not an easy journey, and it's different for us all. But, keep digging. Don't close your heart off, and don't stop moving forward. Accept the pain, mourn your old self, but then let it go. From the ashes of the "old you" a Phoenix will be born with beautiful wings that are so powerful they will carry you through whatever life throws your way. And, those wings will attract other Phoenix's who have gone through similar experiences and come out on the other side as well. When you find each other, you'll know just how powerful true love really is.