• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

We did it! And this is what followed afterwards.

So last night we did it! And boy I'm tired today. But afterwards I started getting really nervous. He said is something wrong? I said no, but are you not worried? He said should I be? I said no no no. I've done my research and all that. He said you would tell me if I needed to be? I said yes of course. I said I know when I'm feeling off. He said maybe it won't come back again. I said yeah I hope not but I would tell you no if I didn't think we should one night. He said I trust you. I said but what if, would you hate me? And he said no I wouldn't hate you. I said you know if it did I would be here for you and not go running. He said I know. He goes you did your part. Stop worrying. You told me. I know. That was what your end of it was and I know what I'm doing. I said I know. I know. But I have to concern myself with it. And he hugged me and said let's just not talk about it again. So.... In conclusion, he is pretty great about all of it. Thought I would share this so y'all know that good guys do exist and will respect you for telling them first. He pretty much wants it out of sight out of mind. Which is probably the best way to live with this until it's necessary to disclose. Go on about your life. :)

So happy for you my friend.

As long as we disclose, and do our best to monitor our bodies and take our anti-virals or whatever precautions we have agreed upon with our partners, we have to also allow them to make an Adult choice to take the (small) risk of acquiring Herpes from us. And given the number of people with it who are clueless that they have it, or how it transmits, we are probably actually a lower risk that the average person out there.

It's time for you to stop worrying my friend. IF, and I mean IF, he gets it, cross that bridge when it happens. We don't fret every day about getting Cancer, or the Flu, or getting hit by a bus. If it happens, we deal with it at the time. And know that whatever happens, as long as you have done your best to protect him, if something happens, it's just one of those things....and far, FAR worse things could happen to him...

(((HUGS)))

I also have HSV1G and have followed your posts since I found this site in December. I just want to tell you how happy I am for you and that your experience has given me lots of good hope for the future! Thank you for sharing and kudos for being brave and going for it!