• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Don't know how to tell a new man I have herpes

Hi, I really want some advice on how to tell this new man I am seeing that I carry the herpes virus. I am totally nervous to tell him, embarassed, and hate that I have to do it. He is a seperated man whom has kids....was married for years, such a long time. We have been seeing one another very casual for almost two mths, its a natural thing that we are getting really close intimately now it is sitting on my heart! HELP. I plan to write him a letter but want to know the coolest lightest way to do so! Thanks with love

Hey SD74! Thanks for reaching out! Disclosure is huge. Definitely a common theme at our monthly support group. And what disclosure comes down to, in part, is how YOU feel about having herpes. Because how you feel about it will have a huge impact on how he feels about it. If you feel ashamed, scared, sad, he will feel that in you; if you feel self love, acceptance, honor, he will too. I always suggest disclosing in person if that feels right to you. Be strong in your vulnerability, integrity and authenticity. Treat disclosure as a special way to show that who you are is more important than what you have. Does any of this resonate with you? FYI there's another 6-week teleseminar coming soon if you'd like to join. I'd love to have you be a part! Check it out at http://herpesopportunity.com/herpes-seminar.php

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Fantastic! You are right and honestly I am not ready to really speak with him about any of this, so I am slowing down the relationship & seeing what he has to offer. I will def be part of that teleseminar! Wonderful thing you are doing luv! Stay well & thanks so much. I suppose I do need some self love & honor around this subject!!! One Love

FYI, I just finished a new e-book called "The Positive Guide to Herpes Disclosure" ... you can download it here! Let me know what you think!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 6 years later...