• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

ORAL HSV 2 UPDATE

Good Morning Everyone!

For those of you that don't know of me, I was diagnosed with with Oral HSV 2 (in the back of my throat) in November 2013. I was fairly active on this website until I decided that even looking at the word "H" was enough to turn my stomach. I didn't handle my diagnoses well at all and still to this very day I have an extremely hard time accepting it. I developed a case of chronic floating anxiety and depression. I am now on 20mg of Ciplarex daily which thank god for medication because without it I don't know where I would have ended up. I was very apprehensive about starting the medication as my ego didn't want me to be on an Antidepressant, I spent about $1000 on Acupuncture, Herbal Medicines, Therapists, Psychologists & Naturopaths before coming to terms with that fact that all I was doing was suffering & wasting money. I also attempted over exercising in hopes that I would exhaust myself enough to at least shut my brain off and get a few hours of sleep. Until the Ciplarex kicked in because on average it does take about 4-6 weeks the doctor had prescribed me Xanax. I personally HATE Xanax, I would feel better for about an hour and then come down from it and feel 10 times worse! They ended up switching me to Valium as it is a longer lasting Benzodiazepine, It made me exhausted but was well worth it being able to sleep rather than getting no sleep at all. I was only on the Valium a short period of time until the Ciplarex fully kicked in. I know this maybe a lot for some of you to read and it is not easy for me to disclose what I went through after being diagnosed but if I can help someone else with my story know at the very least they are not alone well then I feel it is more than worth sharing.

As far as information went all Google had to offer me was that what I had been diagnosed with is rare and most likely won't present itself very often... Sound promising right? WRONG! I had my second OB March 21st 2014 which in all due respect couldn't compare to the devastating first one. I took what the doctor refers too as a "Super Dose" of Valtrex. "4am & 4pm" Stayed in bed and cried all day, seemed to due the trick within a couple of days I was symptom free again. Continued on about my life up until this past Friday evening, before going to bed I noticed I was starting to develop a sore throat. I immediately went into panic mode and instantly downed 4 Valtrex, went to bed woke up and took 4 more. This time... Valtrex doesn't seem to be working, this OB is worse than the second one & came back in a different area of my throat. I went to the clinic yesterday to get swabbed in hopes that by some miraculous chance I have strep throat and that is why my body is not reacting to the Valtrex. Let me tell you I am PISSED RIGHT OFF! And for those of you that have Genital H, I truly feel for you!

Anyways I just wanted to give everyone an update as I know I am a bit of a rare breed having only Oral HSV 2.

I hope everyone is doing well!

@HopefulVictoria

Awww - sorry you are having a tough time of it but it IS very possible you have Strep ... especially if the valtrex didn't help at all and it has in the past...so I'll be crossing my fingers for you that it's something else... not that it makes it any better except that it would take the big bad H out of the picture...

Glad to have you back ... keep us posted ...

(((HUGS)))

• 1 month later...

So turns out I didn't have strep throat so it was yet #3 OB since being diagnosed. Today is Saturday July 12th and yesterday I was hit again with another OB #4. I have recently been going through a series of vaccinations for Hepatitis A/B as I will be entering the work force in the Medical field shortly and having this vaccination is a requirement. I am almost positive that my 3rd & now 4th OB are both related to the vaccination as they both showed up shortly after I was injected.

I started to feel absolutely terrible on Thursday, tired, headache, sore throat, chills. So automatically I thought Flu - WRONG... Wishful thinking once again! Friday morning I woke up, checked my throat and sure enough the lesions were there to greet me!

Went to the pharmacy to get the old Valtrex prescription only to find out that where I live is completely out of the generic brand for the next year, so lucky me I got to pay $96 for 20 pills.

Anyways I just thought I'd share with everyone once again as supposedly what I have is uncommon and doesn't present it's self very often. Hardy Hargh Hargh - To be fair I really am hoping that the 3rd and 4th OB are indeed related to the vaccinations as the 2nd OB I had was minor and gone with in a couple of days.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! Thank you again for all the support from everyone! Even my Doctor is fed up and says we are long over due for a cure!

HV

Can u please tell me what the lesions in ur throat looked like? Please be detaile on location, shape, colour, any prodomes?

I am a Canadian as well and I can't begin to tell u the hell I have gone thru. I don't want to bash canada....I luv this country, but sooo many things in my diagnosis were botched and it was a tragedy on how I was diagnosed.

I feel for ur one in a million emotion as I get constant outbreaks with ghsv1 which is suppose. To be unheard of....not! And it shows up a different place everytime I look. So a cure would be awesome for people who don't fall in the norm of this virus (and everyone else too) but it is so much harder to deal with when you feel like a freak on top with having the virus.

Good luck

Good Morning Whitedaisies!

My initial OB in November was by far the worst! I remember jumping out of bed at 4am with a sore throat just knowing that something wasn't right! When I looked in the back of my throat I saw 1 blister on the very back of my throat and immediately panicked. Sure enough after a culture swab and my symptoms getting WAY worse I was diagnosed with Oral HSV 2. Every time I have had an OB it has come up in a different area of my throat but always at the very back of my throat. I don't have my tonsils so I think this may play a part in the location of my OB's. It basically feels like having strep throat (very uncomfortable) My 3rd & 4th OB have been way worse than my 2nd so I am assuming this is due to a vaccination of Hepatitis A/B that I had to have for school before I can enter the work force in the medical field. I guess I will know more if it decides to make an appearance again for the 5th time. Fingers crossed not anytime soon but with this bloody virus you just never know!

As far as a description as to what the lesions look like... They basically just look like odd shaped blisters, when they start healing they turn yellow (disgusting I know).

This diagnoses has been EXTREMELY hard for me to accept, it has even resulted in me having to take an antidepressant because I hit rock bottom after finding out I have Oral HSV 2 - But at the end of the day there are so many other things to be thankful for I know it's sounds like a bit of a cliche but after studying in the Health Care Industry I can assure you we could all be WAY worse off!

I'm sorry you too are having a hard time - Feel free to message me anytime!

HV