• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

how long is the usual wait

So my body is finally calming down from what i believe was a mild ob...

basically... the bf and i want to know how long to wait after im all cleared up to have sex?

yes with protection, no to suppresive therapy, i just finnished 3 days of 2x500mg valtrex yesterday.

couple days?

Week or so?

A few weeks?

I'd wait a week simply because you are still learning your body and if you are not using antivirals you need to make sure the body has knocked it back down. Over time, you might be able to cut it down as long as he understands the risks ...

In the meantime, you can find all kinds of other ways to be intimate....it's another bonus of H ... you are forced to find other ways to connect other than straight sex :)

About a year, two if you really want to be safe...

7-10 days is the general consensus. I would strongly reconsider your stance on suppressive therapy as it will reduce the transmission possibility considerably.

Remember, plenty of lube, go slow, and don't overdo it. You don't want to trigger shedding or an outbreak, which prolonged or rough sex can do.

Ok thanks dancer! I told him last night that i was sorry we couldnt have sex, and he was fine with it and said that maybe its good he n i are going thru this now togother so soon in the relationship, and that it would make us stronger... cute right?

And thanks herry, i think overdoing it the first time might have have been the trigger in the first place..

Slow n gentle it is... for now haha

He sounds like a real keeper ... and he's right... so often early in the relationship you can get into a "sex rut" of your "normal" sex acts..... this is making you guys find other ways to be intimate ... and that HAS to be a good thing ;)

As for slow/gentle ... look into Tantric Sex... it's pretty powerful stuff and should be great for those times you need to go slow :)