• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First year with herpes, will these constant outbreaks ever go away?

I contracted HSV2 August of 2013 and I have had countless outbreaks since then. They have decreased in severity, actually I BARELY notice I'm having one now. The only way I can tell is I feel very slight discomfort working out or wearing tight pants and I'll look and sure enough, one tiny tiny bump that is gone in about 2 days. BUT, I am literally constantly having one... I would say I get an outbreak at least once or twice a month. I eat very healthy, work out everyday, and for the most part, get plenty of sleep. I do, however, have anxiety and a very stressful job. Which I think may contribute. BUT, I'm just wondering if this is normal for the first year? I would really like to avoid getting on suppressive therapy, but I can't deal with constant outbreaks.. Did anyone else experience something similar? When did it get better?

Moonchild, can you answer a few questions please?

What do you mean by constant outbreaks? Do they always result in pimples?

How did you get diagnosed with HSV is it 1 or 2 and did you ever do a blood test to confirm and at what month?

I had constant out breaks 2 in my first 6 months but I didn't turn positive til 6 month point via blood test..wondered if you were the same.

Thanks

Yes this is VERY normal for the first year- but it sounds like your body is getting the virus under control. If you have a partner you want to protect or if it's disrupting your work the meds can help a lot and given that your body is starting to win the battle, they may help a lot. If you can deal with it, well, then its your choice about taking the meds. Perhaps you can take them for 6 months then wean off and see how it goes ...