• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The Attitude of Gratitude

I just joined this site and am soooo very thankful for the creator and supporters on here. I was given HSV2 6 months ago and have gone through a huge emotional , spiritual and psychological storm as a result. I have learned the healing and grace filled power of having a positive attitude and perspective. It literally saved me from myself. And I found an inner strength and peace that I have never had because of going through the storm.

When I first found out the very first though was that I refused to be silenced or live in the shadows. It a skin virus. In the whole grand scheme of things, it's not that big of a deal. People deal with much much worse than this. And frankly it doesn't change me as a person in anyway.

I am thankful to find other people who are speaking their truth and story...because we can all learn, grow and heal from each others stories. A little bit of faith and hope sprinkled in helps too ;0)

The dating scene has been interesting..it's been a learning experience..but also has been character building. I've disclosed to several men (usually on the 3 or 4th date).I refuse to hide it or mislead (unlike the man who have the virus to me). I've been blessed to have had not negative reactions/responses. Ultimately for one person, it won't matter..and my heart and soul will be more important than a virus.

I am soooo glad to see people sharing and encouraging each other here. That's what life is about...showing love and encouragement...and most of all, Grace toward others.

This little saying got me through my dark moments " There is Light in Darkness". It's always there..you just got to look for it.

If I can encourage or support anyone please don't hestitate..because we are all only human, we all fall down and stumble..but it's the getting back up and the journey that counts

M

Oh my gosh I love this post. I was given hsv2 2 mos ago and I'm still hitting darkness and depression but I'm trying and I know I'm making a little progress daily. And I've been the same way. I tell people. I dont want to feel shame. And those that love me, well they still love me and are with me in this battle. Thank you for the inspiration, optimism and quote! I might have to re read this daily.