• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes in Florida? And why?

So one could say my life is a bit unconventional. My husband and I live in Florida, because he's military. I moved up North for school, because I have a full scholarship. This may simply be coincidence, but I feel like when I'm up in Florida I ALWAYS HAVE AN OUTBREAK. I literally had a 6 week outbreak in Florida, and another shorter one soon after recently. Up North, I feel like I never get outbreaks. Maybe 2 or 3 small ones a year, but it definitely isn't constant or a big deal. It's much cooler up here, and not nearly as humid. What do I do? I live in Florida, officially, and I love it there. I go home all the time, but I'm sick of being constantly in pain. My husband has herpes, but never has any issues. He might have a few outbreaks a year. Help please.

@ihavehope

Odds are it's the heat and humidity. I've lived there (near Gainesville) so I know it well.

I suggest you go commando as much as possible - wear loose pants and no underwear or long flowy skirts when you go out and either loose cotton underwear or nothing at all. Any of the suggestions I usually give should help to give some relief... and you may want to try the Ammonium Alum that I use because it will REALLY dry it up (but may sting like a MoFo when you first put it on)

Reminder:

Go Commando as much as possible - getting air to the area can help to dry it out more quickly

If it hurts to pee, either pee in the shower or pour a cup of water over the area as you pee to dilute the urine…..

Reduce stress as much as possible - Herpes feeds off stress!!! It can become a good barometer for you that your body needs attention in some form or other

Look up Trigger Foods/triggers on here in the FAQ and search bar - lots of topics on them ... the main foods are chocolate and nuts but you want to learn about the Lysine/Argenine balance that can help keep Herpes under control

Epsom Salts baths can do wonders for some. Sit in the bath and dump a few handfuls of the salts right between your legs. Relax and let the salts do their thing then get out and dry off, finishing with a blow drier set on low heat to really get the area dry.

These 4 things seem to do the most help for the most people. Aloe Vera CREAM (make sure ALOE is one of the first ingredients and there isn't a bunch of other crap like petroleum and if it has glycerine, it's AFTER the Aloe in the ingredients .. go to a Health food store for your best chance of getting a good product) or Zinc cream may help during the day to keep it from sticking and help relieve the pain ..

Also: Gold Bond Spray powder - right after exercising/hot showers/etc. Supposedly really cools the area ;)

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1624/herpes-medication-genital-hsv-1-how-to-keep-herpes-outbreaks-clean-dry#Item_22

You can get the alum HERE: http://tinyurl.com/pmosahc

Hope that helps

What about swimming and going to the beach? I absolutely love doing those things. We are going to live in Florida for at least 6 years, and it breaks my heart to know my life will be an everlasting outbreak down there. Will valtrex help? Will my body get used to it eventually?

I agree about the heat and humidity. I had an outbreak about 20 years ago during the hottest most humid time of the year. At the time I worked outdoors most of the day. When I got home I peeled my clothes off because I had sweated so much. Needless to say with the outbreak I was miserable. The doctor prescribed Famvir. It didn't work for me. Had to get him to prescribe Acyclovir. A couple days later the ob was pretty much gone.

Valtrex or Acyclovir should help. Acyclovir always worked for me. Herpes should not interfer with you heach time. Talk to your doctor about suppressive therapy when the outbreaks keep hanging on.

You should be fine with beach time - if anything the salt water will do it good.... the ocean is the worlds' biggest epsom salts bath ;) But make sure you dry off well after when you go home and don't spend all day in a wet suit.

I agree - you may want to get an antiviral for the OB's ... I would suggest acyclovir for 2 reasons - cheaper than Valtrex and because you take it 2x/day, you can also step it up/down depending on the OB. The secret is to take a few doses (maybe 2-3 days worth) as soon as you feel an OB coming on. As soon as it feels like it's stopping, get off the meds and let your body do the rest. If it tries to come back, hit it again but try to just use it to stop it from getting worse, and let your body learn to fight it and finish it off. Nowadays I only have to take 1-2 doses and my OB's turn tail and run ;)

(((HUGS)))