• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

can H be freeing or is it part of my reaction to diagnosis?

so ive been at this whole H2 thing less than 2 weeks, ive had a successful disclosure to a friend and am starting to try to figure out whats what with itches and bumps and such. However, I have noticed that in the past unless my buddy Blue Moon was with me I was somewhat reserved with women but since my disclosure and I have been feeling better I have been one flirty SOB. I don't know if its just a reaction or a devil may care thing. I figure Im going to be rejected at some point down the line so why not have some fun. its not gotten past anything superficial, check out girls at stores, mall kiosk ladies, etc but its been fun and uplifting cause ive gotten positive reactions, no dates but I haven't let it go that far, im not ready for that business yet I just feel more social and engaging with people somewhat. that happen with anyone else?

I think it's just you trying to get back to being a normal person who is attracted to women and that's a really good step. Also great that you realize you are not ready for certain things and are allowing yourself to enjoy flirting. Makes you feel good while you are adjusting emotionally and physically to the virus.

Keep going....enjoy.....