• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Oral HSV1 appearance?

Hi guys!

My friend started getting cold sores a few months ago. I'd say she's had two episodes over the past 3 months, each lasting about a week. Both times a cold sore appeared on the left side of her bottom lip. I saw her a lot during the summer and she knows I have GHSV1 and wants to know if its a safe bet she has oral HSV1. The blister is pretty small, but starts of red and cut-like and ends up crusty and yellowish towards the end of the healing. I told her the only way to know for sure is to get tested but this generally sounds like an oral HSV1 outbreak, correct?

Thank you!

Cold sores are the common name for Herpes ... and 99% of all "cold sores" are from HSV1 - the other 1% is from HSV2

Many people also get Canker sores inside their mouth - most are from other causes like an imbalance in the micro-flora in the mouth, high acid foods eroding the skin, etc ... very few of this kind of sore come from Herpes....