• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question for men

Hi all,

I got genital H. (don't know yet whether it's hsv 1 or 2 but it should be hsv1)

It is located around my urethra and i have a sore since one month which didn't heal completely

Why is it so long to recover ?

The sore is not that big but it hurts, not every day, but often, the pain comes and goes away

I am really confused, i can not know if it is an outbreak or not

Can the skin at this part of the penis become stronger with time ? and more resistant to the virus or will it be always sensitive because of the location ?

So afraid of it

I have no idea why it isn't healing, but I would get to a dermatologist or a urologist and ask them for an answer ..... and keep going back until you get one. It may be that the location (near the urethra) means it keeps getting irritated by the urine, but it may also be that you actually have something like HPV (Human Papiloma Virus aka Genital Warts ... you need to have it swabbed specifically for that one...) OR it may actually be an Excema/psoriasis issue and NOT HSV given that it's not healing...

Thank you for your reply

It would be wonderful if someone with H near the urethra can share his experience as my guess is that it is really sensitive at this location

I am so scared because many things trigger the pain and make the sore come back, underwear friction and even masturbation

i stop it for a while but now i feel i won't be able to have any sexual activity without pain