• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

He didn't flip!

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you guys know I met a guy a few months ago and about a month ago we went out on our first date. I saw him probably 5 separate times before I felt like I had to tell him about H due to the fact that I could see that he thought I didn't want to sleep with him. Part of this was also due to the fact that we both are in points in life where a casual low pressure relationship is what we want which that in itself can lead to physical things quicker. I had a lot of anxiety about telling him and went over in my head every possible reaction (so I thought) so I would be prepared if he flipped out. Some of you already know that I also have to disclose about being a rape survivor due to occasional PTSD which makes me feel like I have the heaviest baggage ever. So the moment came where I let him know that I trust him and I want him to know that it's not him it's me and I told him everything....and you know what he did? He hugged me, wiped my tears, and asked my to stay the night with him with no physical expectations. The best part is, our relationship has not changed at all. He still wants to talk to me everyday and is looking forward to seeing me again. This says to me that sex may not be completely out of the question just because of H but even if he decides it's not a risk he wants to take I just want everyone to know that there are good intelligent people out there that wont judge you, they will give you grace and love on you even if you don't think you deserve it.

Keep your head up everyone, you're stronger and more beautiful then you know.