• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Olive Leaf Extract and Stomach

As soon as I was diagnosed I started taking liquid OLE as I found it could greatly help against H. For the first week things were just fine, but a few days ago my stomach started acting up. After some further reading I found it was most likely what they call the "die off" effect from the OLE where the body rids itself of a bunch of toxins, called herxing. Quite normal apparently, and a good sign from the body. I didn't take it for a couple of days to give my stomach a break and things went quickly back to being normal. I decided to take a dose again yesterday and now I just woke up with the feeling of my stomach being upset again. Not "run to the bathroom faster than hell" upset, but I can still sense it's not 100%.

Could it be that my body is still cleansing itself, or can I expect this to be more permanent if I keep taking OLE? I would prefer to not have to stop taking it as it seems to have a very good effect preventing ob's. Maybe I should try and just take it every other day? Open for any suggestions.

Thanks..

Thanks PB. I will try and lower the dose/frequency. This is all new territory as I have been lucky to having always been very healthy and never really taken any sort of medication or supplements.

I just got off my initial one week dose of Valtrex but I picked up a dose of Acyclovir to keep on hand once/if my ob returns. As of now I am taking l-lysine, OLE, D-vitamins and Flaxseed Oil. I also drink heaps of water. I am considering dropping the D vitamins and pick up B-12 and zinc supplements instead. I guess it may sound like a lot and I feel like I have gone from completely pill free to a pill popper in a matter of a week. Just trying to see what works for me though this early on.

Its not pill popping.. theyre vitamins! Haha

Maybe go to a pharmacist and ask them what they think?

Some pharmacists specials in vitamins, others in drugs.

i would deffintaly lower ur dossage for a bit untill u get to the bottom of it!

Keeps us updated!

Ya, I have been taking supplements for some time now as I had unrelated hormonal/skin issues that I have been trying to tackle the natural way. It's really all trial and error, and I have found that) you have to take a supplement consistently for 1-2 months to see any real results. You also have to be careful with the adverse reactions they might have, so hence why consulting a naturopath might be worthwhile at some point. Also, some supplements are ok to take long-term while others might require you to give your system a break once in a while. Zinc, vitamin C, and B complex were supplements I was taking before and have been amazing for my skin in general. I cannot speak highly enough about zinc. I've started lysine and also red marine algae, but again, hard to say at this stage if they've had any impact. I am temporarily asymptomatic (still trying to find the signs, or potentially only get internal outbreaks), so it's been a little tricky to know if those supplements have had any effect, but I think taking them just puts my mind at ease! Lol. Anything I can do to help my body is what I am doing now. That includes a decently strict diet, regular exercise, rest, meditation and lots of self-love. :)