• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

therapists..

I really can't shake the depression from this anymore. it completely consumes my thoughts all day every day and I fear i have dug myself a hole I cant get out of alone. Does anyone see a therapist for herpes? My doctor told me she thinks it would be beneficial....I go through phases where it bothers me and when it doesnt but for the past few months my mind has been in a darkkkk place. It didn't bother me at first but now it is really kicking in.

I am in the same place you are think I'm going to have to talk to someone. All I can think about.I woke up this morning dry heaving like I was when I first found out. Having bad dreams where I have ob all over me like all the pics I looked at trying to see if mine looked the same. Also know I have to watch my lil girl and try and be happy my mind is shot.my wife is now over how I'm acting and I understand. How is this not going to be my first thought when I wake up or for that matter all day this has been going on over a month now my body is feeling it. I don't want to feel like this anymore.

Hey guys, I know other people will probably jump on a tell you about their experiences, but I certainly think that if you are having a hard time with this, that seeing a therapist is a good idea. You just have to find one that will be considerate and compassionate, and will suit you best. I believe there have been a few bad experiences on here, but for the most part, there are a lot of people that have a very long way with the help of therapy. It's ok to ask for help when all else seems impossible... we are only human so don't get discouraged... do what you need to do to get yourself back in a good place. You matter, your happiness matters. And as the saying goes, this too shall pass. I know that is really hard to believe right now, but you will come through this, and you will feel ok with this one day. In the meantime, remember that we do have a choice to alter out thoughts. I am not going to tell that it's easy, but in those moments when all the negative feelings creep in, try to make a conscious effort to think of something you are grateful for. Remind yourself of all the beauty in your life and in yourself, because none of that has changed. Every time you do that, every single time, you will be one step closer to believing it.

I hope this helps, even a little. Sending you both lots of love.

I would definitely look into coaching or therapy. If you look for a therapist, I would "interview" them on the phone and ask what their experience is with people with an STD... the point isn't so much the experience (tho it helps) but you need to hear in their voice that they will be empathetic and helpful.

Another AMAZING resource we have on here is @Adrial ... Mr H Opp himself. He's a Life Coach and having seen him in action myself I can tell you he is as good as it gets when it comes to coaching. He also has a Home Study Course that you may want to look into (I'll get you the link ASAP) ... it's a great resource that you can work on at your own pace.

http://www.adriallifecoaching.com/

And if you need antidepressants for awhile, use them. I had a short spell where life threw more at me than I could toss back, and i went on the meds for a few months until I got my head straightened out (and I'm anti-drug where possible) ... just put a plan in place so you know when you want to come off them and then do the work you need to in the meantime ;)