• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What a lovely way to bring in the new year..

With my second official outbreak. Yep. I thought I had it under control and then I slipped and started eating holiday sweets and such. Then had a emotional breakdown the other day over something stupid. Now my vajayjay is all tender and tingly where the sore healed and I see a blister forming in the exact same spot as the first one. Eh. Happy New Year. :/

Oh @jessika, I'm sorry to hear about your ob. I know that feeling like you can move forward and then boom, H is back. Just try to be kind to yourself, put yourself 1st. Bump your supplements if you take them, rest, get back to eating well ( I know, hard during the holidays. Ate my share of sweets in the last week and crossing my fingers no ob). You will get thru this. (((Hugs)))

Attack the sucker!!! Double up on meds if you take them (can't remember your regimen) and get thee into a strong Epsom Salts bath (dump the salts right between your legs so it's really strong there) and then dry it off well and go commando. I find if I really attack it very quickly I can often knock it right down .. which will also boost your confidence around dealing with it ;)

(((HUGS)))

Thank you ladies. I will do just that. Also, my blood test says I'm negative for antibodies so that confirms the last guy I was intimate with gave it to me. That's somewhat comforting. My doc gave me Valtrex on standby and told me if I have another ob to just keep taking it even once the symptoms are gone to try to keep em from coming back so frequently. This sucks. Oh well. Thank goodness I have you guys, and a awesome new boyfriend who knows my struggle.

Also, I know this is probably a silly question, but since my boyfriend and I both have Herpes, if we had sexy time during one of my flare ups would it trigger an ob for him too? Not saying I want to at this point cause its irritating. I was wondering because my exposure is so new compared to his, he's had it over 2 years...would mine in any way effect him?