• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

medical community sucks

You know if it weren't for Adrial and this site I wouldn't have peace of mind or be able to function.

The medical community needs more training in H sensitivity and just good information about H in general.

I admit I email my doctor frequently and he's probably annoyed with me. But it's only been 3 months since I got told I have H. I am going to have questions you know.

It sucks when they make you feel like your just being paranoid and crazy. The response you get after being told about herpes is here's a brochure and a prescription and that's it. While yes Herpes is not a "serious medical condition" to doctors it is serious to the person on the receiving end.

I even had my doctor tell me to google stuff. I was like don't you think I've been there done that why do you think I'm paranoid??

The truth is no one's herpes experience is the same. We are all different. So I might be reading something that sounds out of a horror film and that's one person's experience not mine. Or I come here and find someone who totally understands me.

If it weren't for this wonderful opportunity here in cyberspace I could not function in life anymore. Can anyone else relate?

I've had the worst 8 months of my life since I found out. I wish I had found this site 7 1/2 months ago, it's been such an oasis of sanity in an otherwise crazy time in my life. I'm learning to be patient with myself and how to love myself more even though at times I feel like less. Reading everyone's stories reassures me that I'm not alone, that no one is perfect and that h certainly should not be a deciding factor in assessing ones self worth. Those are all easy things to forget as we try to navigate our way through the fog our diagnosis drops us in and going at it alone only pushes us further into darkness. Finding this site felt like stepping into the light (cue heavenly angels singing lol). But seriously, the shift in my perception over the last two weeks has been astounding, to the point where friends are commenting on my change in attitude. It's great. The people on this board are amazing!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart Adrial and everyone else! I've finally started journaling my story from the beginning and will be sharing it here soon. If you haven't started an h journal yet domh I highly recommend it, it's so important to see how far you've come and it's a process that is helping me a lot.

And I completely agree about the medical community being a little f@cked up regarding h. I have to have an h related conversation at planned parenthood today. Wish me luck!!! ;)

This is a place of light aye?! I thought that when I found it too...trawling the internet for something - information, support, affirmation, a place to share.

Somehow we have all stumbled upon Adrial's H 'oasis' and it really is an amazing growing community of awesome people. I love the positive vibe from everyone - even when we are venting, each of us either finds a gem within our darkness or there is someone there to show us what it is and to send us love.

I journal every day and its the best thing ever...good to read back on and see how far I have come, or to see what I need to work on.

So yeah I can relate (and don't get me started on the medical profession and H lol!). I'm glad you two found us! :-) xx