• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have ... 

Sign in to follow this  
chikitta13

Do Herpes Outbreaks Occur in Same Location?

Hello! I was wondering, do outbreaks typically return to the same location? Or will new spots "pop up" at later points? I noticed an unusual spot on my labia, but it is not in the location that my previous three outbreaks occurred. I am still a newbie, in my first six months of infection. Just wondering if it is a new spot or if I am being hyper-vigilant. Thanks :)

Initially each new OB may be in a different area ... simply because it may not have expressed in every location where you got it initially, but if you have had 3 OB's in one area then this may just be something else... I think the best *indicator* will be if it happens again in that area ;)

Over the period of 25 years, I developed 4 different spots where OB's will occur. Initially it was 2 different areas, then over the years the other 2 developed. It was so weird to me that I actually had it swabbed to verify it was in fact H in the different location.

I wonder if I will get new locations... so far with my second outbreak it reactivated in the same area as the first. I'm kind of lucky in a way because its rather small and only in two spots.

Mine was also very small in the vaginal area, but did seem to spread backward :( Overall, I feel like mine was generally mild, even if it was damn uncomfortable.