• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My Story: Herpes and pregnancy all in one day

I am new to the forum, but I have had herpes for 6 1/2 years. I found out that I was pregnant and that I had herpes all in one day. That was a very overwhelming day for me. Now I have a wonderful husband who married me in spite of. Having herpes is hard for me to deal with. I get outbreaks at least 3 times a month. Imagine how happy my husband is with that. I don't have anyone to talk to about it, and its not like people are just gonna let you know that they are infected. All I can think about is am I such a bad person that I have to have this for the rest of my life? Do I really deserve this? I absolutely HATE having herpes!!! There is only one thing I am happy about; and that is that my husband doesn't have it. He has a great immune system. I am glad I found this forum. I can share my story without feeling ashamed. Thanks for reading.

hi,

sorry to hear that you so bad,3 outbreaks are really far to much.Did you tried some natural treatment too or are you only take antivirales?every body react diffrently so you need to try yourself.For some people bachflowers or coconut oil are helping.

If you have a chinese Pharmacy close to you ,you could give it a try too....there are some plants especially for herpes.its a really slow process but its starting to work for me...i had 2 outbreak a month,now i am down to 1 every 2 month(not that great but its a start :) ).

And no darling you dont diserve to have herpes at all, nobody do .I hope that you get better at one point and your husband will support you.

big hug

Judith

Hi MrsNaPoe and welcome to the forums ... Do you really believe that your present experience of having herpes will remain the same for the rest of your life? I know your relationship to having herpes (and your relationship to yourself) will change. How is the level of stress in your life? Do you take care of yourself physically and mentally? All of that plays a huge role in how healthy you are in a holistic way and that plays into how many outbreaks you have. It's a damn good excuse to work out, take care of your body, eat healthy and think healthy. And I'm glad you have a patient husband. :) And I imagine he didn't marry you in spite of having herpes. If we asked him, I'm sure he'd spill out a laundry list of all the lovely things about you that overshadow a silly little skin condition. Much love! I'm glad you're here with us.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Thank you so much Adrial. After being on this site and reading all the information, and stories I have hope. Im not so upset about having herpes. I am so grateful for everyone here.

Judith, Thank you for the encouragement. I will try all of those things. Yes I am only on antivirals. My doctor was like take these when you have an outbreak, and that was it. Im not much for taking pills anyway, so I am glad there are natural ways I can take care of myself.

Hey mlss08, my baby didnt have a rash or anything. The doctors put you on Valtrex a month before your due date to suppress an outbreak. The only thing you would have to worry about is having an outbreak when your water breaks. Thats what happened to me. I was so afraid of my daughter having herpes I rushed to the hospital, even though I had been on valtrex for a while. I had to have a C-section, due to the outbreak. Its not as bad as it seems. The only way your child would contract herpes from you is if you dont take care of yourself and do what the doctors tell you. :-) There is hope!