• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dafaq?! Itchy bumps with discoloration a herpes outbreak?

Diagnosed last month with HSV 1-2. In acceptance about it . It's not ideal, but I told my girlfriend and she didn't reject me. So at least ive got that going for me. I think im having an outbreak ? I got on medication immediately. I've had only slight itchy bumps with discoloration. No sores. But it's lasted for a couple weeks now . Is that normal ? When will the discoloration go away ?!?

I'm white . Little brownish . Half mexican. The spots are white discoloration when I'm flaccid and allitle red when erect . Itchy bumpy spots. Sounds more gross than it is lol. Its not painful at all but it's lasting so long I'm just unsure of why . I'm sure it's different for everyone.

It is different for everyone for sure. Outbreaks have a varied timeline. Could be days, could be weeks. If they last for longer, you may want to look into antivirals. As for the discoloration, I know that with black men, the sores/rash can be red and then white when they heal but over a short time, the skin goes back to normal (within a few weeks).

As a white chick (clearly) I know that the outbreaks always clear and my skin returns to normal. Others may have a different experience but that is what I know :)