• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My vagina is still miserable after last herpes outbreak ...

I personally think it's the immune system responding to the virus. Sometimes the immune system overreacts to fight it.

Hasn't been proven of course BUT I believe it's similar to post viral syndrome but to a lesser degree for some people. It's very common with mono which is a herpes virus as well.

Yep I would agree with whitedaisies. I have looked up everything trying to figure out why I feel this way.I am freaking out because of the way I feel at this point and how long it has lasted.I can forgive myself for things but won't be happy if I can never feel normal again. What I have found it is rare but with more research finding that it's being documented more? I think it's PHN or post viral syndrome if there not the same thing.all I can hope is one day to wake up and it be gone.Does it fade away mono and shingles? Thanks for any info

Just took my first ever Epsom bath and it was AMAZING. I didn't realize how soft and soothing they were. Things seem dried out and less irritated atm. Don't know if it's the bath or the fact that I took my last acyclovir this am, but I'm no longer feeling like crap. Also, my bf had his "post diagnosis" appt with his pcp today. She is only giving him an "outbreak pack" like episodic therapy. She won't prescribe him suppressive unless he has more outbreaks. And he explained to her that I'm on suppressive, and she said that's not recommended except in pregnancy or to prevent a partner from getting it, (which we don't need). Weird.

Well @Sadpanda - the topic of anti-virals has many differing opinions ... and in *my* opinion, there is no "right" answer.

What many Dr's don't get is that each person's level/ability to take the pain/discomfort of an OB varies as much as the actual number of OB's does among people. So for one person, the fear of a second OB is too strong and they prefer to go on suppressive therapy. For another, they may have 12 OB's a year and elect to pursue natural methods. Relationships add another level of complexity to the mix.

Personally, in your case, you non't need to be on Suppressive therapy to protect your partner ... but if your OB's are frequent/severe enough then it may be necessary for you to live live and have sexual relations with your partner..... but if your BF doesn't have any more OB's, why would he need to go on it suppressively? It's not like he can pass "more" of it on to you. ;)

Either way, each person has to weigh the impact that H has on their life, whether they have a partner to protect, and how the meds affect them and come up with what is right for them .... :)

Well I've been off meds for 4 days now, and so far so good. I did get some shooting pains on the opposite side of where I outbreak last night. So I soaked for an hr in a bath of Epsom salts and tea tree oil. I took some lysine and went to bed early. Felt great today with no more symptoms so far, knock on wood. Today was my first "normal" feeling day in a looooong time. No irritation, pains, or tingles. God how I missed this! Hope it continues for awhile at least.