• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Yeast infection or herpes outbreak?

I'm 95% sure I have a yeast infection. I'm not sure if I'm having an OB, too. On my inner lips, I noticed a pin-sized dot that looked similar to what my OBs usually look like (small and resemble pustules). However, it was so small that I'm not sure if it's an OB or something else caused by irritation from the yeast infection. Obviously there's no way for anyone to tell me what it is, but does anyone have a general rule of thumb or something to tell the difference without getting swabbed? I don't care enough to go get swabbed, but it would be nice to know if it's just from the yeast infection or if I should avoid sex for longer than I need to for a yeast infection. Buuut when in doubt, take antivirals and avoid sexy times :(

Also, what OTC yeast infection products work for you? I'm not feeling like showing my lady bits to a doctor when I'm so sure it's a yeast infection, and I'm not sure my GYN will send an Rx without seeing me.

I just assume ANY sore has the potential to be a herpes sore and treat it with the same stuff (to dry it up) that I would if it was a definite lesion and that makes whatever it is go away a lot faster... I refuse to overthink every little thing any more and if I'm in a relationship, the guy just gets a great blow job and I pull out the toys for me ... LOL

Take a bath (warm - not hot) once or twice a day with a cup of apple cider vinegar mixed in. It also helps to drink a cup of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. In addition, look in to taking some probiotics. All of these things help me way more than monistat or even prescription drugs!