• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Today im having the talk. HELP

Today im having the talk with someone where we are to see if we can move forward... I'm freaking out. I really like this guy and I can sense he likes me too.. How do I make it through dinner without breaking down, panicking, having an panic attack. Please help with some encouraging words or anything!!

@beebee

First ... BREATHE and know it will work out exactly as it should ... and know that his reaction will tell you a LOT about him ... good or bad. Realize that if he has an immediate negative reaction, it's NOT about you. It's about one of 2 things: His ignorance around what Herpes really is, or he was more interested in getting INTO you than getting into YOU. A person of substance will at least get educated (if they realize they are ignorant) before making a CHOICE about where they go with the info. And their choice doesn't say anything about YOU... it's just how *they* can deal with a small risk, their personal body image, or their worry about their own future if they got it.

Second, read all the Success Stories that you can ... there will be a lot of great ideas there about how to approach it.

I just had a guy choose to walk away from a potential relationship with me after 2 months of dating. I had slowed down the dating process to get to know him and it didn't surprise me in the end because I had begun to see where his priorities were. I'm actually "out" on my dating profiles but my "disclosure" is that my being an Advocate means everyone knows my status, which means HIS friends would eventually figure it out too. And that was too much for him. He was more worried about whether any other women would want to date him after he dated a woman with Herpes. And THAT told me all I needed to know/confirm about what I had been observing. He would have been happy to get INTO me if he could hide it ... but he didn't have enough feelings for me to be with me and support what I do and stand behind me ...

I know it will take a VERY strong man to stand beside and behind me, so I'm more than ok with those who walk away, because that re-opens my door for the right man to walk through it...if you can go to dinner with THAT attitude, you are in a really free place to just have an honest conversation and accept his response :)

(((HUGS)))