• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

You are worth protecting

After talking to a lot of amazing people on this site about disclosure, something has crossed my mind a lot. H makes us very vulnerable when opening up to somoene we like. We are nervous and sometimes so afraid that when someone accepts us, we become so excited that we dive head first thinking "Yay, lucky me!". What concerns me is we are so happy with the result of disclosure that we can sometimes forget that there is still a risk out there. There are people with different STD's and they could very well be unaware or even worse be hiding it from you. So two things, first, you are not a "risk". So don't believe that you are damaged goods and that you should take anyone that is willing to "put up" with you. You are as amazing and as priceless as you ever were. Please, try your best to remember that :) Second, do not fear making someone get tested prior to being intimate with them. You are worth protecting, no matter what. Just because you have H does not mean that you don't have the right to be careful and look out for your best interest as well as your partners. Guard your heart, for out of it flows the issues of life. Take care of your body, take care of your mind and take care of your heart. That's all. Have a blessed day!