• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First disclosure = success :)

Had my first disclosure ever the other week with a friend who I head not seen in some time, but had previously been intimate with. It was a success in that I was able to talk about it simply and freely, and did it while totally sober, despite going out in the evenings. I simply said "I have herpes." I offered to answer any questions he had, and he just asked what I felt was important to share. Although we didn't have sex, etc. (Just some fun making out), it was successful in that I shared with a person in an intimate setting. And we talked openly about it. I will say that one of the reasons I was able to talk so easily with him is that I see him as a kind individual. And I chose to be open with him because of this. It reaffirms the notion that you should trust your gut. And that hsv doesn't have to be a big deal.