• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Went to Dentist today and was confirmed I have herpes inside mouth

Do you mind sharing - what were your symptoms when you went? I read your post from 8/13, but since it's been a few weeks, what are you seeing now that made the dentist think it was H?

Also, if you're showing symptoms, highly recommend that you go to a doctor that will do a swab test! I had a swab of the inside of my cheek done, and it came back negative - I have canker sores pretty often, and where they were presenting (plus the fact that it was inside only) made me 99% sure it was canker, but the swab helped ease my mind so much.

Thank you for sharing, it's helpful for all of us to stay educated on the different ways that H can present.

And I will reiterate - whether you have H "in" or "around" your mouth, you are in good company - 80% of people in the US will have this, so you are going to be a-okay!

If it is H, have you considered suppression therapy? It seems like some of your symptoms were quite painful, this would help with both frequency and duration of OBs, as well as reduce shedding.

I had a bump on the roof of my mouth that hurt pretty bad last night . It looked irritated. when I woke up this morning I didn't have pain and the bump was kind of almost gone. but the gum still looked irritated . dentist first taught it was irritation from eating hard food but then I told him my history of kissing my ex girlfriend that had a healed cold sore at the time . I know it was very stupid to kiss her like that but i waited for almost a week. and the cold sore was almost gone and I didint care about the cold sore cause I though i already had it and even if I don't I will get it anyway . that decision I made I will probably regret it for the rest of my life

If the dentist didn't do a swab he is going by what you told him ( that you kissed the GF while she had a cold sore) ... that is NOT a proper diagnosis and if you want to know for sure, go to a clinic and get it swabbed. That is the ONLY way to know for sure that it's herpes and not a reaction to foods or some other form of Canker sore

From the Mayo Clinic website

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/canker-sore/basics/causes/con-20021262

The precise cause of canker sores remains unclear, though researchers suspect that a combination of factors contributes to outbreaks, even in the same person.

Possible triggers for canker sores include:

A minor injury to your mouth from dental work, overzealous brushing, sports mishaps or an accidental cheek bite

Toothpastes and mouth rinses containing sodium lauryl sulfate

Food sensitivities, particularly to chocolate, coffee, strawberries, eggs, nuts, cheese, and spicy or acidic foods

A diet lacking in vitamin B-12, zinc, folate (folic acid) or iron

An allergic response to certain bacteria in your mouth

Helicobacter pylori, the same bacteria that cause peptic ulcers

Hormonal shifts during menstruation

Emotional stress

Canker sores may also occur because of certain conditions and diseases, such as:

Celiac disease, a serious intestinal disorder caused by a sensitivity to gluten, a protein found in most grains

Inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis

Behcet's disease, a rare disorder that causes inflammation throughout the body, including the mouth

A faulty immune system that attacks healthy cells in your mouth instead of pathogens, such as viruses and bacteria

HIV/AIDS, which suppresses the immune system

Unlike cold sores, canker sores are not associated with herpes virus infections.