• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A New Beginning

Hi all!

After visiting this forum for the last few weeks and reading some posts on here I have decided to make my profile. A few weeks back I slept with someone I thought I trusted and ended up contracting H from him. Now please bear with me because as I am writing this my mind is a tad all over the place.

I met the person when I was 16, and after thinking that this was our time to finally be together, I slept with him. A few days after I noticed some things weren't right with my body and after thinking it was a very horrible yeast infection I decided to go to the gynecologist. She honestly took one look at me and said the word. And I ended up crying for the rest of the day. The week leading up to my test results was the worst week I've ever experienced. I wasn't eating, whatever I was ingesting was coming up that same day, I couldn't sleep, and I was talking to God non-stop (which is never a bad thing)

Last Monday I got asked to come into the doctors office after work, and my mother decided to come with me. There the doctor told me "Look, your cells are actually fine. And whatever infection is there is actually really small. But you did test positive." After saying goodbye to my doctor and asking a few questions, I got into the elevator and I cried. But I didn't cry as much as I was expecting because to be perfectly honest I coped with it in the week prior. I called my previous partner to let him know and now we are just waiting for his results to get back. Things are still very awkward with me and him because I think he is still a bit mad at himself.

Both of my parents know, and after telling my father he hugged me and said "you're stupid. You didn't use protection and look where you are. But I love you and I always will." And we cried. But to be honest it felt good. I wasn't second guessing what I had. I now knew what was wrong with my body. And to be perfectly honest, even a week into my diagnosis I'm okay! There are times when I feel alone and I'm beyond scared about my future. But I feel like this is something I am able to handle and with this amazing community in front of me, I know I don't have to be alone.

So hello :) my name is Maia. You can call me ThatJerseyGirl. I'm a lover of coffee, tattoos and super awesome music. I'm going to let H be apart of me but not define me. And it is super nice to meet all of you :)

I love the way you are handling this. It reminds me a lot of myself. I was sad but I knew that there are worse things in life and this is something we can overcome. My name is Anna! I too love coffee and music. No tattoos haha although I like to see them. I love dancing, food and meeting new people. Welcome and congrats on being on the path of overcoming :)

I love the way you are handling this. It reminds me a lot of myself. I was sad but I knew that there are worse things in life and this is something we can overcome. My name is Anna! I too love coffee and music. No tattoos haha although I like to see them. I love dancing, food and meeting new people. Welcome and congrats on being on the path of overcoming :)

Well hi Anna, you just met a new person! Haha food is good. Food is REAL good. Haha and thank you!

@ThatJerseyGirl /Maia

Hello and Welcome!

So glad to see you having such a "positive" outlook to being positive.

Two things to tell your Dad (and God bless him for being so understanding, but he needs just a *wee* bit of educating here). Even if you used condoms, they only give 50% protection from H, so you might have got it anyway...... and it's also possible you could have got it from oral sex (assuming you did that too) in which case you could have got it and not even had sex with the guy. Yeah - that might be a little TMI for him, but the more we educate people, the more they can pass on if someone else comes to them who is less informed and less able to cope than you are :)

Otherwise... glad to have you aboard and I hope you will come here alot and pass on your positivity to others :)

(((HUGS)))

@ThatJerseyGirl /Maia

Hello and Welcome!

So glad to see you having such a "positive" outlook to being positive.

Two things to tell your Dad (and God bless him for being so understanding, but he needs just a *wee* bit of educating here). Even if you used condoms, they only give 50% protection from H, so you might have got it anyway...... and it's also possible you could have got it from oral sex (assuming you did that too) in which case you could have got it and not even had sex with the guy. Yeah - that might be a little TMI for him, but the more we educate people, the more they can pass on if someone else comes to them who is less informed and less able to cope than you are :)

Otherwise... glad to have you aboard and I hope you will come here alot and pass on your positivity to others :)

(((HUGS)))

Hi! I did inform him about that when me and him sat on the couch and has a discussion about the situation. And he just smiled and said "okay then we will handle whatever is thrown at us." Love that big guy haha

I have some positive things coming my way in the future. I just feel it!

*hugs*