• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes on my finger.

Rain

I woke up with a bright red spot on the base of my middle finger, on the palm side and it was painful to the touch and is the size of Lincoln head of a penny. After 5 days I noticed pin tiny needle sized heads group together. Looked like herpes to me, went to a doctor and looked at it for 2 seconds and wrote me a precription for herpes, I told her if she was sure and said it was. I went to a different doctor the next day and she didn't think it was, u couldn't really see the small blisters that day because I had it covered. I told her that I was told it was herpes and she said it could be but us not certain, that it does not look like a classic case. I tried to get it swabbed but they wouldn't do it, my insurance is only coveted by these local clinics and the hospitals (ER).

I have accepted that it is herpes, it eats me up inside at times.. also the doubt that it may not be but I'm just sure it is.

I have had herpes type 1 for about 10 years, Ive only had the initial breakout and have never seen one since... I recently tested again for type 1 and 2 and I was only positive for type 1.

I'm guessing I got it from my mouth to finger or I got it from a door knob or something.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it could be anything really.

You already have the antibodies so I doubt you spread it if you had it 10 years.

You either got it at the same time on your finger as your other area and it just showed up now. Or it's sthng different. You won't know for sure unless you swab it. You have to insist. Keep an eye out if it comes back. If it's anything like your other location you got it at...you likely won't get it back...you seem to be handling the virus fine. I wouldn't worry.

No way to post pictures. But I bet you will get some people who say it is and some who say it isn't. Just the way your doctors did.

I seriously wouldn't worry now. If it comes up again insist on swabbing.

Spreading would be highly unusual since you have had it this long.

I know it seems scary but you have it on ur finger which is no big deal....better than on ur genitals. And unless you had a cut on your penis while masturbating you wouldn't spread it.

I know its hard but try not to worry. Good luck

Was it itchy at all? Have you been under a lot of stress? I recommend seeing a dermatologist asap, if it still looks like the pics. If not, wait for it to happen again and see a derm asap. That area of skin is a very hard place to transmit HSV. HSV transmit through mucosa skin. When people get herpes Whitlow, it us usually on their nailbed, due to an opening from a hang nailnail. . unless you happened to have an open wound and were sucking in your finger that far down, u can't imagine that being HSV. I had a friend that was breaking out in tiny blisters like that on her keg and it swabbed negative. I occasionally and so does my mom, itch bad on our fingers, mainly the top or aides and same w our feet and it will develop into giny blisters. This was pre H for me too. They weren't coloured to the degree yours was though. There could be a chance that it's a type of eczema. Check this out.

http://www.healthline.com/health/dyshidrotic-eczema#Overview1

only time i do remember having any problems down there is when i do yard work, i tend to work hard with the shovel and get blisters, im sure ive had a blister there before... im guessing i transmitted it there when my skin was broken... when i brush my teeth the toothpaste tends to run down my hand and maybe it transmitted it that way?

Well whatever it is, I get the exact same thing. Haven't had it swabbed but I assume its hsv - it started at the same time as in the other location, but via a hangnail. About 8 months later, I noticed an OB in the same place as you. Mine can be quite painful when brushed against another finger though. Hope it helps..

It looks like yours at that stage, yes. Mine were a bit brighter and more spaced out though. Yes, same.. red spot, then little hole appears like a bubble, then the bubble turns white, then they gradually fade away. No, my whole finger doesn't hurt.. just the blisters when touched.

Don't worry, it only came from your mouth and its hsv1 so it's less likely to pass to genitals than mine, and in that sense, it's relatively stigma free. Whitedaisies was right about your body having it under control though. 10 years is a long time! We're still just assuming though.. I plan to get a blister swabbed next time it appears there.