• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Chronic fatigue?

I remember someone posting that herpes caused chronic fatigue syndrome for them. I can't recall who. Can anyone provide more information on this?

I feel like I've never fully regained my energy since my first ob, during which I became so ill that I ended up in the er. I feel so tired all the time. It's not depression (I work in mental health and actively self care). Right now I'm not on a suppressive dosage of valtrex. I'm only to take if I begin to feel like I'm going to have an ob. Could a suppressive dosage help? This is affecting my social life as I feel too tired to go out, and I end up spending my lunch break at work napping and then eating while I work.

Thank you in advance for any info.

It was probably me. It happens only when I'm not on the meds and I do physical activity for an hr if it's intense or just walking for a few hrs. Starting back meds, made that issue go away, but I did have an OB in a completely new place the other week and I noticed I was very tired, but coukd have been from something else. Who knows. I highly recommend taking the suppressive, if you're feeling this way.