• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

SUCCESSFUL DISCLOSURE!!

I am so alleviated with my disclosure!! I went on a date tonight with someone that I met over POF. We hit it off awesomely. I am quite surprised that we hit it off greatly esp with the fact that you have to sift through so very many trolls over the internet. We clicked mentally and intellectually: we had sexual attraction and chemistry. We had an awesome connection and conversation! I know it was way early to disclose esp with the fact that we only met tonight but I was open, and honest!! He says that based on what he knows about me (via conversation and email exchange) that this issue will NOT stop him from pursuing me. I encouraged him to look up information. Most of all, he greatly appreciated my honesty and that he is looking for the same things that I am in life: a forever partner and he feels that I am totally worth the risk!!

I have been very hesitant about dating bc of this dis-ease. It is such a release to lay this burden down! H doesnt define you. Do not let it mar your confidence, your classiness, and who you are as a person! It is merely a diagnosis. It has taken me a long time to realize this, as I've had a 2 year diagnosis.

H doesn't define who you are: you do!

I hope this progresses into what I'm really looking for :-)

Yaaahh! So happy for you! Sorry I've been MIA on fb, but I decided I needed a sabbatical from fb, as the negativity and victimization becoming a trend, I couldn't deal w being on there. I'll be back on in a week or so, you can hit me up to chat if you want. I'll send you my number in pm on here if you wanna text. Keep me abreast w everything and congrats!

Yes mam! I just programmed your number in my phone. I also sent you a message via fb letting you know I requested Adrial to change my name here on H opp.

@2Legit2Quit, he says he gets occasional "cold sores" I don't think he's realizing that this is hsv1 and I will encourage him to get tested with a full panel :-)

it's funny seems like "cold sores" are not considered too much of a stigma to most people I guess lack of knowledge is the reasoning

I just want to put it out there that *when* you disclose is up to you.... I actually had my status right on POF and OKC and I got plenty of guys who, like you, felt that my honestly and openness made me worth getting to know.... AND .... you have to be ok with whatever reaction you get if you disclose that early because people can be stupid and say thoughtless things ...

I personally haven't had that experience but I know it happens.... so in future, you *may* want to get to know them a little more before disclosing, unless you have that confidence to not give two sh*ts about what the guy may say or think.... and if that's the case, then GOOD FOR YOU!

(((HUGS)))

I did disclose a lil early. I also took a chance on feeling and intuition. The connection, conversation is awesome. But, as I have inferred from Steve Harvey's books, he should be put on a 90 day probationary period before you give him the cookie ;-) and that's the plan!