• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Been having unprotected sex with this guy for the last 2 months with HSV

So me and this guy have been having this friends with benefits thing for the last month but its getting a little bit more serious. I have HSV1 but its in the genital area. He's the first person I've been with besides my ex who gave it to me so I have no idea how to tell him and its honestly terrifying because I like him alot and I know its selfish of me but I really don't want to lose what we have. I read the statistics of transmission are really low for HSV 1 from woman to man especially when you're on suppressive therapy which I have been taking. So how Ive been justifying not telling him is me taking these precuations.

But since things are getting more serious I feel really awful not telling him and yes i Understand he should have a choice in deciding if he wants to continue things and risk whatever chance it is. i just feel so sad this is what's happened when the way I contracted it is completely not even my fault. Its just really not fair. And now I can't have any normal relationships or normal sex. And its just really frustrating. Idk this whole situation is making me so depressed I literally feel like not living anymore. Like I'd rather him not hate me, and just tell him we should never see each other again, than him remembering me this way. I dont know. Like I feel like I will tell him and I know I should but I just don't know how and how he won't hate me because I'm convinced he's going to hate me forever and never forgive m for hiding this from him for 2 months and the fact that we've been having unprotected sex too.