• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Tea tree oil or oregano oil?

I personally avoid touching affected areas due to the risk of spreading the virus to different parts of my body. I may be overly cautious about it, but it is a real concern for me. Touching the area, even just to ally ointment seems like extra risk to me.

If you aren't on suppression medicine already, I would recommend asking your doctor about Valacyclovir to manage symptoms and prevent out break. It even reduces asymptomatic "shedding" of the virus.

There is no medical evidence of oils or home remedies actually effecting herpes or symptoms, but there are some in the community here who do use one form of remedy or another.

I just personally prefer to let the symptoms stay where they are and not spread at any cost of discomfort.

The usual caveat:

I am not a doctor and have near zero medical knowledge.

Ask your doctor and follow their recommendations exactly.

I don’t have OBs but get itchy down there. I have tried both and prefer TTO mixed with coconut oil. It has a cooling feeling similar to when you put a cough drop in your mouth. I recently purchased oregano oil and tried it the other day also mixed with coconut oil and wasn’t thrilled. I guess it’s a matter of what works for you.

Thanks! My first ever outbreak was so mild that my doctor swore up and down it was not herpetic, so I hadn’t gotten one since. I still take acyclovir daily for suppression but I started to feel a bit sore in a similar area so I switched to my Valtrex (higher dosage) and used oregano oil in the area but I think it irritated it more. I’m giving TTO a go right now, much more soothing! Hopefully the outbreak stays away altogether!