• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Someone? Anyone?

Last year I tested positive 2.3 iGg. I Did a western blot and tested negative. My partner tested negative as well. 

This year I retested and got the same exact iGg result of 2.3. My partner just got his test results and is negative. Over he past year we’ve had unprotected sex. 

Is my positive false? How could we have unprotected Sex(thinking i was negative) but then i test low positive and he tested negative. 

Does anyone have feedback? 

I'm no expert/doctor/etc but from what I understand is that any IGG index value result of less than 3.5 could be a false positive and requires confirmatory testing with the western blot.  Since you've done the western blot previously and it was negative then you have a false positive IGG result.  The western blot is the definitive result.  I believe your earlier post indicated you got the western blot done though a clinic that a friend of yours works in.  I'm assuming they drew the blood and shipped it to the University of Washington for the actual test??  Reason I say is because as far as I know University of Washington is the only place that actually does the western blot test.  And of course you could always get another one if you really want that peace of mind but yeah it's pricey.  I hope this helps.  

As @New2GH said, the western blot is the gold standard and definitive in the results. For clarity around all this, is reach out to Terri Warren who is an expert around the WB. Tell her Adrial sent you. 🙂 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Sorry, I live in a place where not a dermatologist talk me about "western blot" (guess is sort of specific swab), even if my second IGG test was "equivocal" (third came "positive" but without numeric value!!!).

Does the wb "works" even if your glans appears only "bumpy" but without lesions,sores?

Thanks