• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just diagnosed with HSV

I’m new to this but here goes nothing. 

I’m 22 and just recently moved to a new city. Usually a prude, I thought I’d try something new. Long story short, what I thought was a really bad yeast infection turned out to be an initial outbreak. 

Horrified, ashamed and frustrated I did not take the diagnosis well. Now 3 weeks later and my symptoms have not subsided, even while taking valtrex. 

Also, is it possible to spread the disease to your face? Notice some white bumps in the corner of my mouth and started using lysine lip clear. 

Another thing, is it possible to have an OB in your nose? 

Seems like I’m batting zero. Somebody please help. 

hey!

now, what kind of HSV do you have? if you have HSV 1 genital, then it would be very possible for you to infect your own mouth if you're not careful when applying creams or oils down there. If you have HSV-2 then it would be very very rare for that to happen.

Now, it is normal that your first outbreak lasts that long, it takes a while for your body to adjust; mine lasted a month and then i had some itching and tickling for an extra week; the things that saved me was aloe vera gel= I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GET IT, ITS A LIFE SAVER. 

other than that, dont feel ashamed, its seriously nothing more than a skin condition. dont let it get to you! its been 3 months since it happened to me ive disclosed successfully, still have the same life, go on dates, go to school work everything like i dont even have it. i remember when i first got it i seriously thought i would never be the same again.... but thats just not true. 

hope this helps 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey @Gina99 thanks for the kind words. It’s HSV 2. They hospital did a swab of one of the lesions when I went. It was positive for HSV 2. 

I assume it’s the same on my mouth too but I haven’t been back to the doctor. Also, my nose feels all tingly and I’m noticing “dry patches” on top. This may just be my paranoia (could just be dry skin from cold weather) but it feels itchy all over my face in random spots and idk. I’m freaking out. 

@HopefulR i am glad i could bring some relief. 

I dont think you have HSV on your mouth unless that other person also had HSV1 on theirs. I would go back to the doctor if you really think thats the case; the only other possible spot to get herpes is your eye. So i think your nose is just the result of stress or as you said cold weather. that being said, wash your hands every time you handle your sores.

one thing to keep in mind is that the more you stress, the more youre fighting against your poor little body whos trying to fight the virus making the outbreak even wrose. 

I know its easier said that done in this situation, but try to help your body calm down. Take a bath with some epsum salts, watch some netflix and relaaaax. everything wil be fine 🙂

@HopefulR i have read a gazillion articles on herpes and have yet to find a case where someone got herpes on their nose; im not a doctor, but i dont think its possible. HOWEVER i do not have oral herpes and i dont know if this could be because the nerves around your face are reacting to it or something... so i dont take my word for it.

@HopefulR My initial OB (Genital Hsv1) was just one bump. Looked like an ingrown hair until like day 4 when i put apple cider vinegar on it and it did not like that at all. Led me to my diagnosis . so yea it can def just be one bump . Hope youre mental battle is going fine ! Im trying to look at this as a blessing and not a curse . sounds dumb but maybe H was the kick in the ass i needed to get off my arse and love myself rather than wallow in self pity and despair like the grinch lol 

@HopefulR for real , i keep telling myself that i couldve gotten something worst that would actually affect my mortality . i really am gonna miss eating a whole pizza pie =/ im sure that would not be wise now that i actually have to TRY to be healthy 😭. I hope you have more highs than lows though and dont forget to keep checking in on here to let us know how youre doing and eventually help someone just like you whos gonna end up on here ! 

20 hours ago, HopefulR said:

I’m new to this but here goes nothing. 

I’m 22 and just recently moved to a new city. Usually a prude, I thought I’d try something new. Long story short, what I thought was a really bad yeast infection turned out to be an initial outbreak. 

Horrified, ashamed and frustrated I did not take the diagnosis well. Now 3 weeks later and my symptoms have not subsided, even while taking valtrex. 

Also, is it possible to spread the disease to your face? Notice some white bumps in the corner of my mouth and started using lysine lip clear. 

Another thing, is it possible to have an OB in your nose? 

Seems like I’m batting zero. Somebody please help. 

I was wondering this same thing. After my primary OB I was worrried I had touched my sore (not knowing it was herpes just ingrown hair) and touched my face, eyes, etc. I got my eyes looked at and there was nothing wrong just allergies but I always think I spread my herpes there and my mouth. I've always had extrmely chapped lips and occasionally little pimples around it but I can't tell if I'm crazy or if the blistering has become more frequent or if I just touch it more because I'm more aware and scared. I also thought I spread it to my hands through a cut because I have gotten itchy bumps on my hand but i showed my OBGYN and she didn't seem concerned and said to just worry about my genital outbreaks. I'm just scared im going to keep spreading it without knowing i have it all of these places. is there a way to get your mouth and things specifically checked?