• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please respond!

Not necessarily. Tests are pretty unreliable apparently. Please read other treads in the site, you'll find a lot of the information you want to know. 

Doctors normally swab only when sores are viable, which is around two days since they appear. After that they might not have enough virus to test positive.

@JulyP I have and I'm getting different information. I was should I go get an 3 opinion/test I've went to two different drs each time with a so called outbreak *I'm assuming

Dr b: I went to after I had unprotected sex like 4/5 weeks after -  results came back negative blood work this happened in April 

Dr a: I went to in August.. went with a so called outbreak * I'm assuming did bloodwork_ results came back positive for hsv1 But I wasn't prescribed any medication or information.  All this happened in August 

Dr b:

Went with the  same so called ob the same day i got my  results from Dr a. The results came back negative  both blood work and swab culture