• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes In Nose?

I know Im most likely being paranoid but I gotta ask...

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 in August. I had my initial very mild OB which went within a few days and have not had any OBs/symptoms since. 

Today I felt a little bump inside my left nostril. When I touch it, it hurts. Classic Im freaking out. Can you get herpes INSIDE your nose? If so, is that what its like? It just feels like one bump inside on the wall of my nostril and it hurts when I put pressure on it.

@mr_hopp

Hard to say definitively without a swab test, but I’m with @Notgoingthere on it being a pimple. It is, however, possible to get herpes in your nose, but rare since that’s not a location that HSV-1 prefers. If you were careful when you had the mild outbreak and didn’t touch the outbreak and then your nose, it’d be hard to auto-inoculate. 

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@mr_hopp @Notgoingthere thank you! Ya I feel like Ive definitely had this before, just now that I've been diagnosed I've been panicking about little things.

Also, yesterday I masturbated and showered and then noticed 3 little "freckles" at the tip of my penis. I have definitely not had them forever. Is this an outbreak? They're little brown dots, they don't hurt at all and they're not raised. I definitely had no sensation or tingling on my penis before and they also didn't show up as sores or anything. They literally look like freckles. Any explanation for this?