• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So I just wanted to know what all of you guys do? Dating online is what most people do now a days, so do you just go throw it on your page...”hey I’ve got herpes don’t swipe right if you can’t deal.” 

Or do you guys wait till your in a commited relationship first? 

So yea I think this will be a helpful thread.

I’ve kind of been wondering the same thing.... like how do u tell someone? Anyone? I’ve really thought about not dating at all honestly.

but there is this guy I am I love wirh he is literally my best friend we used to sleep together we called it off a few months before I found out I had H.  He is literally The only person I want to be with and I’m scared if I tell

him we won’t be friends or worse he worh start to think maybe I gave him something 

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Definitely date & yes 100% you should risk the rejection, the best things in life are the ones that come with risks 🙂

I certainly would not put it on your profile, also I wouldn't tell them straight away!
Personally I think the chance of rejection is high if you tell someone off the bat.

Its a great thing to love to love, don't change, be you, be the same.
Get to know the person more, then when you know it is getting to a stage where you think its likely to get intimate
have the talk, some people will be fine with it, they really will.
Obviously some will not & some you think have been fine will change after they have processed it but F**k them, they clearly weren't right for you.
We have all dated someone before & they have left/dumped you for other reasons.
Yes it hurts but we have to get up dust ourselves down & go again.

Always be incredibly stubborn, never ever give up, you are so worth it 🙂

You will find love, good luck to all

• Like 1