• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Please help!!!

My PCP called with my

blood results he confirmed what I already knew that I am positive for both hsv1 and hsv2. I just got over my 2nd outbreak but today the upper back parts of my legs are burning.   I looked and don’t see anything. He wants me to take 1g valtrex for 7 days then start suppressive therapy once I’m done. 2 pills twice a day. I also asked if we can take blood work every few months to check if my Levels are dropping bc I plan on trying holistic methods for healing as well. He said levels don’t matter and don’t mean anything.... any advice or suggeStions? 

I am so sorry @Jenn88, thankfully this does mean you can begin suppressive treatment and ought to have less severe and less frequent OBs. I imagine that the confirmed bloodwork will bring a little new wave of grieving but just remember we are here for you and things will only get better from here. 

Warmly,

Strength123