• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Want your opinion

If you were in a lets say 5 years relationship with the only partner you have been with (but he/she had partners before) and suddenly you have an OB like 4 years into the relationship, what would you think? That your parner cheated or that maybe it was asymptomatic carrier? And the cherry on the pie will be that you had an OB at the same time.

I just found out that I have H2, and have apparently had it for the past 10+ years. No symptoms that I would ever have recognized as H. If I had entered into a relationship and not been tested, I could have very easily passed it to my partner, and it could take years. 

I would not be quick to think he cheated. It is very possible that he has it and just didn't know. I believe Adrial has stated that he has not passed it to his wife, and they have a baby. So, it is possible to have it and not pass it...and if your boyfriend didn't know he had it, he would be more likely to pass it to you due to not taking the precautions that someone who knows would take.

The best way to know is to get the IGG levels. If his numbers are high, then he's likely had it for quite some time. If they're very low, then there would be a possibility that perhaps he got it recently by cheating, or perhaps he just has low numbers.

There is really no way to know for sure in many cases, which sucks.

@100918 thank you so much! When I was diagnosed my GYNOB didn't do any blood or swab test it was just visual diagnose so I don't know either which strain we have. So I think i'm gonna do an IGG test. Do you think that it's accurate to test after 6 months since my diagnose? I mean I should have lower numbers than him right?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, TequilaGirl said:

@100918 thank you so much! When I was diagnosed my GYNOB didn't do any blood or swab test it was just visual diagnose so I don't know either which strain we have. So I think i'm gonna do an IGG test. Do you think that it's accurate to test after 6 months since my diagnose? I mean I should have lower numbers than him right?

Every person is different, so it's hard to say what your numbers will be or how either of your bodies will respond/make antibodies. It would stand to reason that your IGG numbers would be lower than someone who has had it a long time, but I have also seen people whose numbers hover around the "barely positive" line for quite some time. I was not given the exact number of my IGG results, just that they were "over 8.0", which is considered high, and indicates that I have had the virus in my body for quite some time.

I also would not trust a visual diagnosis. I would definitely insist on the blood test (IGG, not IGM).

• Thanks 1