• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Swollen lymph node – H or something else???

Hey everyone,

Just want to see if anyone has experienced this. A few weeks before I had my first OB I noticed a swollen lymph node. My first OB came in Sept right after I removed my nuva ring and had a cycle. From my knowledge that OB has come and gone. I have no lesions or any of the symptoms that I was experiencing during that time. Like others have stated, it is a miserable time. 😢 I have been on antivirals for a little over a month, but the lymph node is still here. It seems to have gone down some, but it is still here and evident. 

Im not sure what to think? Doctors seem to be so nonchalant. Help please! 

@Dreamer07It's most likely a reaction from your body. Your body is producing increasing numbers of lymphocytes to fight the virus. For which the regional lymph nodes get enlarged. They should continue to go down with time. However if you are new to the disease and you are experiencing closer outbrakes the lymph nodes might take longer to shrink back to the original size. Nevertheless I would recommend seeking a professional opinion as history and physical examination can give the provider a more complete picture. Get well soon.

• Thanks 1
  • mr_hopp changed the title to Swollen lymph node – H or something else???