• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Western Blot

Does anyone know where one would go to get western blot? I called my urgicare and was advised that my primary would have to give me a script. So he just called me back and he basically refused to give me the script saying he already referred me to an infectious disease doctor that I should follow up with them going forward bc I went to them to tell me if I have or not when he already told me I was a carrier but I am looking for definitive answers.

and I am. My pcr was negative so now I wanna do the western blot but don’t know how to go about it since the doctor won’t five me the script

Just call The University of Washington and request that they send you the kit. Then you will just have to go to a doctor to have them complete a form so you can go have your blood drawn and ship the sample to UW. UW is the only place that does the Western Blot.

If the doctor won't fill out the paperwork, then get a new doctor. UW will not do the test without a doctor to fill out the paperwork, and they send the results directly to the doctor, so you need someone to fill it out.