• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

A little lost

I am feeling lost , anxious , embarrassed, guilty ... the list goes on.  I was diagnosed with HSV 1 genitally about 15 plus years ago.  It was difficult to come to terms with over time , but I began to realize it wasn’t such a big deal , I had one very mild outbreak and nothing after that .  Well , here is where all of the awful feelings come in ... I started dating again after a long term relationship broke up .  It took me awhile to even want to date , let alone have sex again .  Well, that led to a recent HSV 2 diagnosis.  What makes this a million times worse is that I have finally met someone that I truly care for , someone I can see spending my life with .  We have only been dating a month and it has been wonderful.  We haven’t had sex yet , thank goodness.  I was just getting myself prepared to have the HSV 1 talk with him ... now I’m absolutely devastated and scared to death .  Of course he’s not going to stick around, who would ?? I already suffer from depression & anxiety & I’m so scared that losing this potential relationship , the kind I’ve waited for my whole life , is going to throw me into another very dark place.  I feel like all I am is a walking STD... I have nobody to talk to about it , all I’ve done is sleep the last few days ... the last outbreak was not horrible , but I have no idea how my body will react now that I have both types in the same spot .  I can’t find research on that or anyone that has both genitally??  I talked with the nurse at my doctors office yesterday and she was comforting, but all she said when I asked if I was more contagious with both types is “not necessarily “... I have no idea what life is supposed to look like now.  I am having a difficult time just being around people because I feel disgusting & jealous that their lives are “normal” and mine is all about herpes.  Thank you for reading, it made me feel less alone for a minute to write it all out ...

Hi

I don't think you should ever feel embarrassed, disgusting  or guilty, you have done nothing wrong!

I know it is hard when you come out of a long relationship & start again but its just a matter of putting yourself out there & not giving up.
Most of us have been rejected before for other reasons by a potential partner before we had H, rejection hurts but is part of life.
I met someone I thought was special & she rejected me, it taught me that she was not that special after all 🙂.

I hope your guy sticks around because some people are truly amazing & can surprise you & if he stays,
it shows what a great guy you have found 😉

You are a fantastic human being, with or without H, don't let it define you, big hugs!

• Like 1