• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

If you've never had a genital OB do you still shed?

Yep, you can still shed virus even when you haven't had an outbreak. That's actually one of the "positives" about having had an outbreak, then at least you know your zone of where you will asymptomatically shed. 😕 

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

If you wear a condom he should be fine! Also if you get on the medication it reduces shedding by 94%. A little fun fact men are less likely to get the std. They definitely can but woman are more likely to get it due to our anatomy. 

Without an outbreak technically you don’t know. You could have type one and type two genitally or orally or one in either place. I suggest if you give him a blowjob he wears a condom! 

I have type one orally and genitally but I have never given anyone herpes with my mouth. If I have a cold sore I don’t touch anyone. But otherwise they’ve been safe.

31 minutes ago, sweetlove884 said:

I have both types and transmitted HSV1 through oral to his genitals.  I didn't have a sore at the time, but I got one a week later. I transmitted HSV2 to another person through unprotected vaginal sex.

@Notgoingthere. I would suggest always using a condom for oral because of what happened to me.   

So you have had an outbreak? Or you got a sore on your mouth?  

And I did state that you should wear a condom for oral sex.

On 2/27/2019 at 8:54 PM, Notgoingthere said:

If you wear a condom he should be fine! Also if you get on the medication it reduces shedding by 94%. A little fun fact men are less likely to get the std. They definitely can but woman are more likely to get it due to our anatomy. 

Without an outbreak technically you don’t know. You could have type one and type two genitally or orally or one in either place. I suggest if you give him a blowjob he wears a condom! 

I have type one orally and genitally but I have never given anyone herpes with my mouth. If I have a cold sore I don’t touch anyone. But otherwise they’ve been safe.

How do you go about kissing if you have oral HSV1? I'm scared of transmitting by french kissing or something.