• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Gastric sleeve and herpes

Okay. So I had gastric sleeve (weight loss surgery) last year lost over 120lbs.  So I’m still in the process of losing weight, maintaining vitamin levels and getting my system/ body back to normal. So I’ve experienced mainly changes in my body( eating, energy, hair loss, hair growth, trying to eat more- all types of things). Now fast forward I was diagnosed with hsv2 last week. Does having the gastric surgery effect the HSV ob? They said it’s been in my blood for some time now and maybe the surgery and body changes trigger it to become known. I thought I had a yeast infection and the blood test turned out to be hsv 1 and 2. IgG level hsv1 3... and hsv2 8.... I have never had a known outbreak. 

from what Infectious Disease experts reiterate, having an established hsv1 antibodies, ameliorates the symptoms of a recently acquired hsv2 infection. This beens the antibodies to hsv1 lessens or diminished the symptoms of Hsv2, to the point to where most never even have a symptom.  You may have picked it up somewhere, years ago, but never had a symptoms because your hsv1 antobodies kept it in check... 

however, False positives do happen, a western blot test helps sort out low positive igG scores. hope that helps.

• Like 1

Those are high numbers so you have had it for some time. Surgery wouldn't trigger formation of antibodies but could trigger future OBs. Some people never have an outbreak though. Also the CDC doesn't recommend hsv testing in a regular std panel so that's likely why you've never been told you have it. 

• Thanks 1
On 4/30/2019 at 6:52 PM, sadguy2019 said:

from what Infectious Disease experts reiterate, having an established hsv1 antibodies, ameliorates the symptoms of a recently acquired hsv2 infection. This beens the antibodies to hsv1 lessens or diminished the symptoms of Hsv2, to the point to where most never even have a symptom.  You may have picked it up somewhere, years ago, but never had a symptoms because your hsv1 antobodies kept it in check... 

however, False positives do happen, a western blot test helps sort out low positive igG scores. hope that helps.

Thank you. I guess this makes sense. I have no idea how long I have had this. Nits been two weeks since I found out and the doctors make it seem like no big deal. Into me I have no symptoms but the mental shock it’s wats hard. I lost sooo much weight so my body is going heywire. They said I could have had it for years and not know so of course it drives you crazy thinking of how you got it. Knowing you will never know it’s more torture. If I knew it will make it more easy to digest. 

• Like 1