• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have ... 

Hello!

So it will be a year this month that I have had GHSV2. I am now interested in getting back into the dating world; however I still have questions about dos and don’ts of a sexual relationship with someone. Can one of the veterans in here let me know some things that may be different now in a sexual relationship than it may have been before diagnosis? I would start taking antivirals once I meet someone and using protection as well. But can they perform oral at all on me? Can they touch me at all down there? I just want to make sure all of my questions are answered and that I know everything so I know how to answer a potential partner who may have tons of questions before pursuing a relationship with me. Thanks!

Yes they can perform oral sex. I’ve had hsv2 for a year now, (ik I’m not a veteran, but I hadn’t seen any comments lol) still do all the normal things. It shouldn’t & doesn’t stop you. Download the owners e-book & handouts it’ll tell ur the facts & stats & also how passing hsv2 to mouth is practically impossible. 

Thank you! Have you had a lot of luck with partners accepting you? I just hit a year of having GHSV2 and luckily have only had one outbreak since my first. Just ready to get back into the dating world and want to make sure I have all the facts to feel confident when I disclose. 

On 1/9/2020 at 11:05 AM, DoesntDefineMe said:

Thank you! Have you had a lot of luck with partners accepting you? I just hit a year of having GHSV2 and luckily have only had one outbreak since my first. Just ready to get back into the dating world and want to make sure I have all the facts to feel confident when I disclose. 

No problem, & So far I’ve only disclosed to one parter & he was chill about it because to most it’s really no big deal! But yes I encourage you to get ur stats & facts because the more confident & comfortable you sound the more accepting the outcome will be. There’s a tag on here that lets you hear others herpes disclosures success stories to give you more encouragement :)