• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Primary infection more sores everyday

Hi Guys,

well this has been an emotionally rollercoaster.

It started with one sore in the insides of the vagina and it was like that for about a week. Now 1,5 week later new sores are popping up on the outside?! I Don’t touch them with my hands and I just started 10 days of Valacyclovir

will new sores keep popping up? 😞 how can I prevent it from happening? 

Take it day by day. The first 6 months to a year is going to be the most outbreaks (both in terms of both severity and how often they'll come up) you'll have and doesn't represent how it'll be for the long term at all.

Keep taking your daily suppressive therapy during this time, which will cut shedding by 50% (which translates to less outbreaks in severity and frequency). There are only 2 reasons to keep taking medication over the long term, so keep that in mind after you're out of this initial phase. 

And overall take care of yourself. Eat well. Sleep well. Exercise. Anything to keep your immune system in tip-top shape will help it to hold the virus at bay. After a year on average, most people's immune systems are able to keep outbreaks handled. 

Hang in there! You got this. And we're here for you. 

• Like 1

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hi,

thank you.

The thing is that it doesn’t hurt that much, it’s just a little bit itchy.

The hardest point is the physical side to it. I just see my future not being the way I imagined. 

I know how you feel, like things won’t be the same and like herpes has affected your entire life. But honestly things do get better. It might seem like a huge thing right now but one day in the future it’ll be a small thing in the back of your mind that only inconveniences you when it pops back up occasionally. Stay strong and keep reaching out if you need support. X

Thanks for the support.

No one ever talks about herpes where I'm from. I had to do my own research since the doctors didn’t give me much information.

I experience through forums that disclosing herpes here is not needed. I’ve seen post from pregnant ladies getting asked if they have herpes saying no when their partner is present, only to make a call to the doctor Office saying it’s not true. 

I Can’t get my head around it. I didn’t have a choice for this, and not telling my future partner is not an option. 

Either way I told them that I want to go in therapy for this. I will go to a psychologist for this on monday, specialized in these types of problems, and I really hope it will help.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...