• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Hsv1 and wearing pads during menstration

I recently was diagnosed and was put on medication, I was starting to feel better til I got to work and my pad was rubbing and i tend to get sweaty at work bc I’m in a warehouse. Now I feel sore all over again from the heat and rubbing and I can’t tell if I have razor burn bumps or the lil blisters. I was told I’m asymptomatic and I haven’t actually seen any blisters yet. Any women have tips for wearing pads and avoiding the constant rubbing???

UPDATE: I know no one replied but incase any other women are pad wearers, I tried cotton pads from cvs their brand, and they worked!!!!!! I also picked up feminine aloe wipes to use on the bumps and irritation for when I’m at work(pulled some out and put them in a ziplock bag). I used regular aloe at home whenever it felt irritation, and did a sitz bath. If you need stuff for work too for a barrier use aquaphor baby gel, you can get them in a small 2 pack. Perfect for if you put a small kit together for going out. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing the update with the community, @lil devy! It will definitely help another woman who searches for this in the future, for sure. So glad you found something that works for you!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 5:14 PM, lil devy said:

I recently was diagnosed and was put on medication, I was starting to feel better til I got to work and my pad was rubbing and i tend to get sweaty at work bc I’m in a warehouse. Now I feel sore all over again from the heat and rubbing and I can’t tell if I have razor burn bumps or the lil blisters. I was told I’m asymptomatic and I haven’t actually seen any blisters yet. Any women have tips for wearing pads and avoiding the constant rubbing???

Hey Lil Devy,

Pad 100% give me contact dermatitis (a.k.a. Diaper Rash). YUCK, right... like I don't have enough problems with genital herpes, I know get DIAPER RASH! .. going to the pharmacy that day was a great visit.. yes, I will have a refill on my suppression meds and throw in a special blend of diaper rash cream. 

There are new fancy pads that are just, a torture device and probably not healthy for us at all.. and then there are the old school, simple cotton pads. My physician recommended sticking to those types. I personally don't enjoy pads, but for light days, it was just the better option. 

I am a menstrual cup type of gal now. I was so scared reading the instructions, but I am so bummed but when I start my period and I am not prepared and I have to borrow a tampon or pad. 

Anyways, all that to say, it might not have been an outbreak, but just a skin reaction to the chemicals they put in our feminine hygiene products.

• 3 weeks later...