• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

So I had my first outbreak about a month ago. Got swab test and positive for HSV2 (long story short, it’s been a nightmare) 

so, I had that one major OB. Blisters, burning, the works and after 3 or 4 days the visible stuff healed and it was a few weeks of burning, itching and soreness on my thighs. Back to normal now 99% thank god. 

I am typically very health and tough and think I have a very strong immune system. I NEVER get sick... 

although I know I’m stuck with this for life, I would love to think there’s a chance I won’t have anymore outbreaks. anyone here have a first OB and then never again? 

im sorry for anyone who has frequent OBs but is there any chance I can at least live without the reminders? 

could I possibly go a symptomatic like the 80% of people who have it and never get symptoms? 

I feel normal again finally and would love to think I can stay that way. 

Hello!

Awesome questions. I have HSV1 but on my genitals, so I honestly can't say much about HSV2. A doctor told me HSV2 can result in more outbreaks than HSV1, however there are SO many factors that affect the likelihood of an outbreak. Stress especially can impact it. I know that people who get periods can get HSV2 outbreaks consistently with their periods. However, it may take some time to see what your outbreak triggers are. You can even keep a journal about it to track your outbreaks and what you did right before them (did you have sex, feel extreme stress, change eating or exercise habits, etc?). Talk to your doctor or even a health care clinic. Calling a Planned Parenthood also is a great option, too! Regardless, please know you DO NOT need o suffer or struggle or go through this alone. It will be okay! 

Hi N:  I thought I had a strong immune system, too, until last summer.  I went from having an episode every 3 months to frequent bouts.  From June-Sept 2020, I was getting them about every 2-4 weeks.

I reached out to a natural doctor, who explained what was happening.  Basically, my immune system wasn't where it should've been, and of course, as we age, it does weaken.  I was put on a program for 6 months, and as of today, I haven't had an episode for just over 4 months.

One of my first episodes was so awful (5 yrs ago), I needed an ice pack down south. 😞 More about itching and burning.  Then I discovered I was eating tons of foods I should've been avoiding, which probably contributed. Sometimes, it feels like a jugging act.  One thing I still treat myself with is dark chocolate...just in moderation.  Not giving it up! ✌️

• Like 1

@Southpaw Yo, as a fellow chocolate-lover I must say that semisweet chocolate chips are my literal nighttime snack that I have almost every day, haha!!

Also, I am so happy that you have gotten better with your outbreaks! Congrats! You deserve to be well, happy, healthy, and loved, always ♥️.

Sending Love and Light 🌄💛 !!

I was exposed in late April 2020 and had my first OB in early May 2020. I’ve not had any OB since then, though I suffer from recurrent viral meningitis. I do typically take daily valacyclovir, though I’ve gone through periods where I don’t (like 7-10 days), and still no OB.  

Do you take daily suppression meds? 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ~Minerva~ said:

I was exposed in late April 2020 and had my first OB in early May 2020. I’ve not had any OB since then, though I suffer from recurrent viral meningitis. I do typically take daily valacyclovir, though I’ve gone through periods where I don’t (like 7-10 days), and still no OB.  

Do you take daily suppression meds? 

No I don’t take daily meds. Took the 10 day prescription and that was it. Zero issues for about a month now. I really hope it stays that way. Thank you for sharing your experience. I will always have this but the reminders would be really nice to avoid.

• Like 1