• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling Sad :(

Hi, Friends! 

I hope you all are doing well. 

I am very sad because someone just completely rejected me when I told them I have H. They replied "Oooh," and then I asked them if they had any questions, and they said "No I'm good." Then I said, "Okay well if you would just like to be friends just let me know." Then he said, "Let's just be friends." We were talking for a few weeks and really hit it off. 

First, ouch... I mean you could've at least asked a question? Like, if you were worried about it then you could have asked something to learn about it and the risks. But I guess just the H word scared him away, and honestly I am just so done. It just bothers me because guys will say I am pretty or attractive, and they love what they see, but then when I tell them they are just suddenly repulsed. I definitely know I will meet the right person but today I am just annoyed! 

To all of you who are feeling the same way -- please know you are worthy of a positive and healthy relationship where someone accepts you for you ! ❤️ You'll find the right someone, I promise!

Thank you for listening! 🙂 

❤️ grace 

• Like 2

Hi! 
I totally understand what you’re going through and I’m so sorry. I think it’s amazing that you tell them the truth first hand and give those guys a choice. That’s very honorable. But they should at least try to learn more about it. And if they don’t want to, they aren’t the guy for you. You deserve someone that’s willing to see you for you and learn more about H and how common it truly is and all the ways that you can still lead a pretty normal dating life with H, but in the bedroom you do have to be safer. People don’t educate themselves on H and jump straight to believing it makes us undesirable when it doesn’t. Don’t feel bad about those lame guys. You don’t want anyone in your life that doesn’t want to be there girl. Much love ❤️

• Thanks 1

good evening I hope you are well !!! I'm so  sorry that you are sad but I am sure that in a little while you will be fine, you should not let it upset you, it just takes a little time and someone else will find who will accept you as you are !! 🙂
my girlfriend accepted me from the first moment and we have been together for 8 years !!

Grace, we’ve spoken here a few times. I’m really sorry that this happened to you. The guy was clearly a chump either way. There’s a lot of guys out there just looking to get girls in bed and that’s it. It’s messed up but that’s the way it is. You absolutely will find someone that will brush that type of information right off.

I have been completely petrified of my first disclosure to a female. Like you, I met someone about three weeks ago. We text every day and have done a few video chats. Over the weekend I dropped the bomb. She didn’t seem to think it was a big deal. She stated that she had a boyfriend with it in the past and that she gets cold sores once in a while on her mouth. She said she just doesn’t mess around when she has a cold sore. That was it. Now we have plans for me to take her on a date this weekend! Could not believe it.

I don’t know if it will work out with her or not, but she just brushed it right off her shoulder. Trust me when I say that it was the most terrifying concept for me to say those words.

I think it’s a matter of flipping a coin. It’s a huge risk to our confidence. Keep your chin up. That guy was a loser and I’m sorry he fooled you into thinking otherwise.

If he was half a decent human being, or cared at all,  he would’ve at least discussed the matter with you.

• Like 1

So sorry this happened to you Grace. It is hard.
I've mentioned my partner before here. She is negative, I am positive. We are in an LDR and got a shock when I found I was HSV2 positive. Even though we are still together (locked out by borders right now)  she has really struggled with this so much. It's not easy. I'm extremely blessed to have her in my life but she goes through extreme anxiety around this, around the fear of catching it.
It's not a reflection on me as a person, just as this person's response is not a reflection of you. I know you know this, so I'm not telling you anything new, I guess I'm just trying to offer some support. We can't be strong all the time, and sometimes it's ok to allow yourself to feel sad.
Take care, be kind.

Hi Grace, a little update regarding the girl I met.

First date was amazing. She was glowing the whole time, gave me a few hugs, a kiss on the cheek and we were holding hands. I was totally sure we connected and got super excited. Second date she seemed cold and distant. Third date She invited me to her place for the afternoon and she seemed uninterested and distant. It was awkward.

but she keeps initiating conversation every day!!! Makes no sense. Today I basically just asked her what the deal is. She said Essentially she doesn’t feel like there’s any chemistry, we don’t have enough in common and shot me down. Soooo weird!!!

We got past the H thing, was super attracted to her, thought she was really into me too… so now you and I are both sad!

hope you are pulling through OK! 😭😭😭

just wanted to let you know you’re not the only one!

• Like 1