• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does not taking herpes medication help build herpes resistance?

It doesn't matter either way as far as how herpes will be affecting you in the long term. The medication just helps to ease your current symptoms. I always say to people that ultimately it's best to just ride out the herpes outbreaks so at the very least you get to know your prodrome symptoms and the way your body handles them naturally. But of course, it's going to depend on how severe your outbreaks are. If taking medication will save you from suffering a lot, then take it (especially with the first few outbreaks, which tend to be most severe since your body hasn't had time to build up natural antibodies against it yet). If your outbreaks aren't that bad (the severity and duration of outbreaks generally lessen substantially with each outbreak you have), then don't take the medication and just concentrate on taking care of your body (eating healthy, thinking healthy, exercising, etc.)

There are only 2 reasons to take medication. Here's an article on that:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-medication/

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Ah, that feels good to hear. Thank you. I'm grateful for your gratitude. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

My gynecologist suggested that taking the medication everyday will lessen the chances of the medicine actually helping during outbreaks. He did not recommend that I take it everyday. He promotes safe sex and not having sex during outbreaks. Adrial is right, it depends on how severe your outbreaks are and how frequent.