• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Not sure if I have herpes or not.

Ok so about a year or so ago I had a rash in between my butt cheeks. No where else. It went away within 3 days but would pop back up. I took pictures of the rash but I'm not sure if that's allowed here or not. The bumps never popped or crusted over. They just kind of went away and they never spread anywhere else. I noticed that it usually happened it I was walking alot or sweat had a chance to collect in that area. I stopped wearing underwear and haven't had an issue since. However I recently found out I am pregnant and I am worried that it wasn't just a heat rash. I also didn't have any other symptoms. The bumps would pop up, itch some and hurt if I touched them and then they would go away. Any advice would be great. I have a blood test scheduled for December 1st and will find out for sure. Basically I am just worried. 

Hi No Clue,

I would make an appointment with a dermatologist to take a look if you have another outbreak. It sounds like you may be having a bit of an acne issue or possibly a yeast infection—both of which I've personally experienced from time to time throughout my life. The Derm can also do a swab test for herpes too if there is an outbreak. Congratulations on your pregnancy, hope you are feeling well despite the anxiety over this issue!

I don't think so. Mainly because it happened several times. They almost form a line. It's just always between my butt cheeks. Never near my genitals or outside of my butt cheeks, thighs, no where else. Just there.  I haven't had it happen in awhile. But idk if that's because I stopped wearing underwear and my job is a little different now (I'm not out in the heat as much) or if it's because I just haven't had another outbreak. 

Well it could definitely be an irritation to something.  Maybe you are allergic to something that was in the underwear.  The next time it happens, I would ask them for a skin biopsy. 

I had a bunch of small cuts in the same place that my herpes outbreak would happen but the cuts would come and go for months.  They took a skin biopsy and it was negative for herpes.  I realized the only that that has changed since the small cuts started happening, is that I was taking Biotin supplements for my hair and nails.  Once I stopped taking the Biotin, the small cuts never happened again.  So it could also be something in your diet, or something that you are taking.  

I mean is it possible to only ever have the herpes outbreak in the butt area? It very well could be some kind of irritation. I know it's never spread to my partners either. I was with a guy for a little while when it first happened and then I've been with my husband for the rest of the time. They never experienced any kind of outbreak. I'm just really trying to see what the odds are that it is herpes. 

I guess it is possible to get it in that region, but for it to only happen on your butt is kind of weird.   Normally, breakouts happen where the skin was originally infected.   There isnt much you can do unless it happens again and you can get that skin tested.  I would just wait until the blood test on December 1st and go from there.

hmm.. that's a tough one.  Technically I guess the herpes virus could be just anally and your body has built up antibodies for it not to spread to your vagina.  Honestly, the whole thing sounds like it could be something else other than herpes.  Maybe try to get into a doctor before December 1st, that is quite a long time to wait to see someone.  You could go to an OBGYN, Dermatologist or even your Primary Care Provider.   

I'm going to try and get in somewhere before then but everyone is booked up so I don't know if I'll be able to. If I came in contact with it anally then I would have come in contact with it vaginally at the same time. Most likely vaginal sex would have happened first, then anal. Thats one thing that has had me so confused. Then neither of my partners have had any symptoms of anything. 

lol well I also dont know a whole lot about it.  I've learned most of my information from this forum.  When you google stuff, it just gives you broad unhelpful answers most of the time.   I have seen posts where it pops up in other areas, but I also know that the body will create antibodies so that your body will fight off the virus anywhere else on your body.  Its really a confusing thing, so im not quite sure.  

• 2 weeks later...

Since herpes lives in your nerve clusters, it can pop up wherever you have nerve endings in your skin.  Some people get a herpes outbreak on their thigh. 🤷🏼‍♀️ usually the outbreaks will occur in the same area. If you had hard white bumps though, that sounds like something different than fluid filled herpes ulcers.